Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Movie Review :: Dragonball - Evolution (2009)

Dragonball is back. Now set your time to collect it!

I have always marvelled and attached to Dragonball quite personally. It was 1994 and I was in elementary school when a friend introduced the class with a new comic. It changed hands very often and at the end of the day, the first issue was tore and wore down.

All of us can't wait for the next issue until later it stopped when I was a junior student at a grammar school.

But the rave started again in 2001 when I was in prep-college, where a bunch of students would wait every Saturday not to miss the cartoon-plays show on TV.

When the movie went out (12th March in Malaysia), a friend asked me out to fulfil his delight of childhood interest. Ok, I said. We went for TGV at Seberang Perai City.

Unlike other movie that I can write a peering review, this one will lack so many comments except that I would say - "If you don't mind to parted away with your money, then go..."

I really am up to something when I first walked in. I do hope that it could raved-up my childhood comic characters, but it has not completed the wish. To make it worse, the blend of lined-up actors seems to be a complete disaster. Chow Yun-fatt could never live the comical shell-back Kame-hame Ha.

There's nothing much I can write about this movie, sorry for that. But, allow me to quote a conversation I over-heard, "So many things lack in this movie. It's not even 50% comparable to the comics nor the tv shows."

(this is wallpaper size image, click to enlarge)

Perhaps, there'll be a sequence for this. I don't know. Out of 5, I'd give 2. One, for the charming kid and one for trying to living-up the once everyone's hero.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea..it's nice for me to be familiar with dragon ball world 1st..coz i'm not really know bout the cartoon.juz know the name. (we're going to download the movie then!)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!