Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Friday, December 19, 2008

New Economic Vision

New Economic Vision for Penang and Malaysia
International Conference 2008
Traders Hotel, Penang.

Being a delegation representing techBiz Penang for the event, but since it has something that against my principle, I have to take myself much earlier than I am supposed.

Organised by Penang State, with invited speakers among others; Datuk Seri Nizar (Perak Mentri Besar), Tan Sri Khalid (Selangor Mentri Besar) and Datuk Husam Musa (PAS Vice President).

During his welcoming note, Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng has quoted that China was about to spend 4 Trillion Dollars and a check-up later, I found out it was 4 Trillion Yuans NOT Dollars. Perhaps his speech-writer wants to make sure this "fact-misleading" won't happen again.

But one quote that I remember the most:

"Look at the balance sheet. At the left pane has nothing right while at the right pane has nothing left." - Tan Sri Lin See Yan putting on presentation made by AIG director that he attended.

No comments: