Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sunan Drajat - Delicious Mutton Satay!

Went to CIMB to pay car loan installment and later have nothing to do, (and luckily) got called from Saiful. Asking to join him for bowling at Summit, Bukit Mertajam. He picked me up and our first stop would be Sunan Drajat - an Indonesian restaurant and of course with Indonesian cuisine.

Their sign board. My search on Wikipedia explains that Sunan Drajat is a name of royal prince.
So, this is how you start. Squeeze the lime onto the peanut gravy, and believe me - it is hot! Unlike to Malays gravy which is more sweetened, this one has been blended with red hot chilly.
Have I mentioned that we are having stick-grilled mutton (satay)? You have to pour on squeezed juice and mixed it with its spicy gravy to curb the "nausea"-lamb taste and the burning hot chilly. Unlike to other places, by either having the satay with its gravy and also sometime with rice cakes - this one served with soup and plain rice.

You can check the address there...
You can either dip the satay into the spicy gravy or pour the gravy itself onto your rice. Whichever you prefer...

Then, it is bowling time... I am not a player - just one strike in two games. I can't throw the ball harder anymore - had excision on my back years ago...

No comments: