Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Movie Review :: Geng - Pengembaraan Bermula (2009)


Finally, I went for GENG: Pengembaraan Bermula (Gang: The Adventure Begins) last night with a newly met friend at Sunway Carnival’s GSC. It really amazed me, when I am looking up at the seats on the booking screen where most of them have been bought or reserved. The only left unoccupied would either be the double-seatings on the sides or couple-seats at the last row. Never knew that it really is attracting so many movie-goers.

That was one story, this is another story. In the movie theater, every seat was fully occupied. In front of me, a double-seat sat by three persons. I would call it a full-house, as the “never-bought” front rows were also taken. Gosh, Upin & Ipin really made their days!

I found the movie to be rather ordinary yet complex in its presentation. The dry thought of dry comical essence thrown by Upin or Ipin made some way for laughter. The pretty Kak Ros not much living to her sense as was in her series.

I would rather say that the story line has been over developed and too much exaggerated. While the characters of Upin & Ipin (may perhaps not totally lost to the City Boys, but) was somehow shaded and drought.

There were elements of shocking and awe. I even came to the stunt for few scenes (and Amir was laughing at me, so bad ah you! The last time I made noticeable stunt was during Pirates of Caribbean with David.)

One thing that I have to put here is that a comment by office-mate who went there earlier with her children: “The children were jumping from their seats!

I may prefer the series, but this movie has really made it ways! Go for Upin & Ipin.

Azri, citer ni memang best la – thanks to introduce me to that living characters of Upin, Ipin and Kak Ros. Amir, thank you! (In a comical way)


PS: I think that the subtitle needs to be studied again. At some point, it relaying wrong perception and rendering wrong meaning on a particular situation.