Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Movie Review: Eagle Eye (2008)



My birthday and I went for (not so) new movie, EAGLE EYE. At first, yes I like the movie, very stunning effects and have lot of questions to what are going to happen next. Only later when Jerry (Shia LaBeouf) finds out who was talking to them, the full plot really revealed. It is not hard to pickup what is going to happen next with Rachel (Michelle Monaghan). Every future element is predictable. Not to dictate that this is copy-cat movie, but looking back on the core of the movie, pretty much to match (or maybe less) to I-Robot (Will Smith, 2004). I have no rights to make comparison, but still I cannot stop myself – while watching the movie, I can only sense up and summarised that EAGLE EYE probably came to very same idea of I-ROBOT, that computer wanted to take over decision making and in order to protect human from doing hard to another human, the computer took necessary step be eliminating threats (by killing the suspect). It has becoming less suspense and to some plot where the FBI Agent Morgan (Billy Bob Thornton) gave his badge and protocol for Jerry to go to Capitol and save the president pretty much showed how the characters in the movie were not well developed.

But on the other side, I still like to movie. I like the idea of super computer which can do a lot of hyper processing and how our lives were and are pretty much linked to databases and someone can come up to analyse our habit, spending patterns, personal history and to some level come to threat and put danger to someone’s life.

I would give 4 out of 10 stars.

The one who treats for my birthday...

No comments: