Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just Posting

My desktop has been cleaned, no more rubbish program icons. New wallpaper of living instead of blue sandy beach or faraway hamlet. My laptop is getting slower. (Is it due age? erk!) Going to format again later. Has lot settings to be backed-up.

I used to remember, I once finished formatting my laptop and a friend asked that it is as if that I have not formatted at all, because the wallpaper is the same, desktop icons arrangement seems don't change. Windows username and picture still intact. List of installed program has not vary.

I have no answer but one - I like to keep the way I use my laptop. Hence, I use some tools to backup the settings prior formatting and later get them restored. Like my Yahoo Messenger settings, My Documents folders and contents, Microsoft Outlook and some other important settings. I also use the same software that I am comfortable with and don't like to install too many software into my laptop, since it is not only taking up my space but being redundant as well.

Now my Asus is ONE year old. The one that remains loyal to me...

2 comments:

Aqram said...

yup...thats right...

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be not working? Does anybody here at alephprime.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
James