Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Don't Cry Joni



Jimmy:

Joni was the girl who lived next door, I've known her I guess ten years or more,
Joni wrote me a note one day, and this is what she had to say..

Joni:

"Jimmy please say you'll wait for me, I'll grow up someday you'll see
Savin' all my kisses just for you, Signed with love forever true"

Jimmy:

Slowly I read her note once more, Then I went over to the house next door
Her teardrops fell like rain that day, When I told Joni what I had to say

Joni, Joni please don't cry, You'll forget me by and by,
You're just fifteen I'm twenty-two, and Joni I just can't wait for you

Soon I left our little home town, Got me a job and tried to settle down,
But these words kept haunting my memory, The words that Joni said to me

Joni:

Jimmy please say you'll wait for me, I'll grow up someday you'll see,
Savin' all my kisses just for you, Signed with love forever true

Jimmy:

I packed my clothes and I caught a plane, I had to see Joni I had to explain,
how my heart was filled with her memories, and ask my Joni if she'd marry me

I ran all the way to the house next door, But things weren't like they were before,
My tear-drops fell like rain that day, When I heard what Joni had to say

Joni:

Jimmy, Jimmy please don't cry, You'll forget me by and by,
It's been five years since you've been gone,
Jimmy I married your best friend John.


(When I found this on Muzem's, suddenly few memories came like rolling)

No comments: