Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Masjid Putrajaya

Went to Putrajaya Mosque (under maintenance at that time) for noon prayer. I was marvelled (still, though this is not the first time around) with its beautifully crafted and designed. But the gaze stopped when a voice saying, "Sir, please... Taking photo is not allowed!", and to find a woman of late 20-s walking in the male chamber showing time-offs sign.

I do find this irritating, perhaps it is because to seeing a woman in the male praying hall and secondly someone to say so many NO. I still can't figure out why people are not allowed to take photos inside the mosque. We are not posing for picture, we are taking the beautiful arts above our heads (unless someone can fly and ask for someone to snap theirs).

I've been to so many places of other religion (Bhuddist, Christian, etc), but only to find my religion has many 'strict' tension of YES and NO. While I observe other rules and laws of Islam, but human-made-law-bind-in-the-religion-name to be one we Malays still had to have in the observation.

Praying hall.
Praying hall.
The inner-side of dome.

1 comment:

aweks_sp said...

sekarang dah tak boleh tangkap gambar?kenape?diorangtakut kita ciplak idea?nonsense!