Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Friday, April 24, 2009

eyeOS :: Cloud Computing OS


This one really caught my interest the first time I read it on an article. Ever since, I keep myself updated for its latest upgrading version. I even set it up in my laptop for personal usage.

I do somehow think that some day, the computing will advance to another stage where you can access the same OS environment from anywhere and while on the go. Use it once on a laptop and access it again as the last time you used it from your mobile.

As I had planned earlier, I shall run a personal dedicated server to provide eyeOS for some close colleagues. Perhaps, when I get my personal server connected to internet and allowing access from outside of local network. Got to wait…

While I do like the idea, eyeOS has yet to be a big and sophisticated enough to provide fully featured of daily working system. I need to use word processor and spreadsheet – and the last version I had used has yet to support Microsoft format on its own. Rather need to use OpenOffice conversion. I am optimist that one day, eyeOS shall be able to provide the same spectrum of usage if not the same length of capability.

Looks can be deceiving, but it certainly makes wonder almost all the time. eyeOS has good interface and pretty much easy to navigate.

I would like to see, what will eyeOS turns into in another 2, 5 or 10 years to come.

No comments: