Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Friday, April 17, 2009

Internet Explorer vs Google Chrome

IT IS
GOOGLE CHROME
vs
INTERNET EXPLORER

At first, I thought I would rather stay with Internet Explorer 6, since I like the neat and clean interface. I never want to upgrade to IE 7 or IE 8.

Later, Google Chrome came into the scenery. It managed to suit me well, since it has the largest space I have ever seen. Less menu and more space to maximise a website.

But as many other new softwares, bug and bug and bug again. Though many versions came out, it still eating out my resources and at times cut me bleeding when it hang in a 'mission' surfing. Hate that... Besides, Chrome still based too much on the Netscape and Mozilla things, where it missed on some other issues - it did not support 100% CSS and JavaScript that shows well in IE.

I am a developer, most of my system is web-based. So, I prefer my system to use the advantage offered by CSS and Javascript to its maximum capability. I cannot let Chrome put a limit to that. In my development, I still make considerations for Chrome and other browsers. So, I have to developed less-advanced CSS and Javascript... So, I am spending extra time for that.

Escaping back to IE doesn't mean all the problems would have been fixed and sorted. There are other bugs in IE 6, where at times it would crush. Hate that. So, it created a reason and needs for me to update to IE 7.

It has been a week since I am using IE 7. Now, I am spending much of my time on IE after been using Chrome since it was a little baby. Perhaps, when Chrome has passed the age and compatibility test, then I will turn and wandering the net's tidal on it again.

No comments: