Aleph's

Aleph's
View from my village...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Movie Review : Max Payne (2008)



Max Payne – made me remembers of games I used to play. Duke Nukem and Diable II, but these games were like more than 8 years in history. So, when there’s a movie made on a game title, it is really catchy one. If Tomb Raider played by Angeline Jolie made a huge way for its fan, Max Payne going to made another history.

This was true, when the lead actor introduced better. Mark Wahlberg (aka Marky Mark) takes another challenge to bring a live character into the movie, but I think this one was a disaster. He really made things happened in The Italian Job, Shooter and The Happening, but not in this one.

A friend asked if I am interested to join his group to go for that movie last weekend and without hesitate I agreed, of course with the thought that “Oh, Marky’s another great movie!”


But only later to learn that 2 guys slept in the movie hall and the rest felt that the movie was crappy and some blundering that the movie has no peaks nor enthralled ending. It was just flat from the very beginning. Besides, the dark cinema concept the producer wanted to use doesn’t work and it made another disaster. Very sad to watch the hunky of my favorite actor ends up with this stupid film (Sorry to say!)

I might not good to judge a movie quality, but if I am allowed to rate this, I’d give 1.25 over 10. 1 for Marky Mark and another 0.25 for catchy name.




Anyway, not as useless as the movie might have been, I get to know to new friends and get up meeting with longed-met buddy. As usual, Nash Donut would be hang-after place.

No comments: